Just when you thought the Brewers' bullpen woes couldn't get any worse, they did tonight.
The bullpen combined to lose a 5-run lead in the eighth inning, and then gave up the final run in an eventual 7-6 win for the Phillies.
And, whad'ya know, Monday night's game had almost the same outcome.
K-Rod, who stood in as the closer, replacing Axford, had an epic meltdown in the ninth inning, giving up four runs, which resulted in a 7-6 win for Philadelphia.
According to the Journal Sentinel, coming into Tuesday, Brewers relievers had:
- 23 losses, which was the most in the National League
- a .274 opponents' batting average, which was second-highest
- 141 walks, which was second-most
- a 1.56 WHIP, which was second-worst
- 17 blown saves, which were second-most
Yikes! Get it together, guys!